The information we may collect and how we use it
- We will collect information about you when you come to us for advice. Initially we will ask for information to prove your identification and a variety of information relevant to the matter that you have instructed us upon. The relevant information is then used by us to process your enquiry or payment and to communicate with you in general.
- We may share your information with and obtain information about you from credit reference agencies fraud prevention agencies or other entities in relation to and relevant to your matter.
- We will not use or sell this information for marketing purposes but we may contact you in future to update you on changes in the law that may affect you.
- Your information will be retained for a period relevant to the matter.
- It is possible to configure your web browser not to accept cookies. Please refer to your browser support for guidance on how to do this.
How we protect your information
- The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
- Our servers sit behind a firewall security system, are backed up daily and held securely offsite. These hardware and software systems are monitored continuously.
- The Company use encryption to protect the security of data transmitted to us. However if you supply information to us by other means such as email this is done at your own risk.
- We keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. If you require any further information on these procedures please contact us
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business subject to terms of confidentiality no less onerous than those contained in this policy.
Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details please let us know the correct details. Please note that if you say that you have changed your bank account details we will check this with you.
- When you provide personal information about other individuals, you do so on the basis that the other individual has consented and agreed to the processing of the relevant personal data in accordance with this policy.
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact us