Joanna joined Norton Peskett Solicitors in March 2018. She switched to the law from English Literature, having graduated with a bachelors 2.1 honours degree in English Literature in 2009. Joanna qualified as a barrister and was called to the bar at Middle Temple in November 2011. After working for a few years at a local solicitors firm, Joanna was offered a training contact. She worked full time whilst studying part time for her LPC which she completed with a merit in 2014 and qualified as a solicitor in 2015.
Joanna works in the family department specialising in Child Protection Law, her work includes but is not limited to:
- Attending and advising at Child Protection meetings
- Attending and advising at Pre-proceedings meetings
- Advising and attending Court in relation to applications made for care and supervision orders
- Advice regarding Special Guardianship Orders
- Advocacy in both public and private law hearings
In her spare time, Joanna enjoys long walks with the family dog, socialising with friends and family and going to the theatre. Joanna takes part in challenges for charity, having ran 10k and half marathon races and completed the cycle part of an Olympic distance triathlon. Joanna holds an undefeated record as a boxer, having competed in a charity boxing match in 2017.